Are You Ready for the Change? | Google Analytics 4 Setup
Analyze / Digital Marketing Tips / Get Found
The countdown has begun to July 1, 2023 – the day Google Universal Analytics (UA) will stop processing new analytics hits. Are you ready for the change? Check out our tips on understanding and preparing for Google Analytics 4 setup.
1. What’s the Difference? Google Analytics 4 vs. Universal Analytics
Google Analytics 4 (GA4) includes significant changes in how you collect, store and visualize data within the platform, but what exactly does that mean? Here are some of the substantial changes from UA:
- UA properties currently measure data on a session-based data model. In GA4, your data is grouped into events, providing insight into what’s happening on your website or app. Events can collect and send more fully-specified information or action the user took or add further context to the event or user action. Learn more about automatically collected events here.
- With GA4, you will now have full cross-device and cross-platform reporting. This means if you have an app and a website, you can now see a more holistic view of your customer interactions thanks to an update in identity spaces (the groups of identifiers that Analytics uses to understand user journeys).
- UA offers limited automation. With GA4, machine learning is used throughout the platform to improve and simplify insight discovery.
2. Ready to Update – Google Analytics 4 Setup
With time running out, it’s time to get Google Analytics 4 set up. That being said, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open your Google Analytics Account (or create one if required)
- Create a GA4 Property
- Create a Data Stream
- Enable Data Collection
- Learn more about how to enable data collection here!
3. How Can Google Analytics 4 Grow My Business?
Once you have your Google Analytics 4 setup, and with GA4 providing a more holistic view of your customer data, there are a few key questions you need to ask to allow this data to help grow your business. Consider:
- What business objectives are you trying to achieve?
- What KPI must you improve to reach that objective?
- What value does that KPI need to be successful?
With GA4, you will now be able to control your data and fill in measurement gaps. At Frozen Fire, we understand the importance of analyzing. While data is excellent, it can sometimes be overwhelming. We hold ourselves accountable to our clients and will provide you with the metrics you need to feel confident that your customized marketing strategy is working and that your business objectives can be reached. With Google Analytics 4 setup, we’ll help navigate the data. Contact us today to learn more: https://frozenfire.com/connect/!