Digital Marketing 101: Video Marketing Definition
If you’re not already using video marketing to increase your online reach, you are missing out on opportunities to further brand awareness, engage your audience and generate leads. Video marketing is no longer a “nice to have” in your online marketing strategy. It is essential to a successful digital marketing strategy and should be included as a piece of your online strategy.
Before you move forward with a video marketing strategy, it is a good idea to understand the video marketing definition.
What is video marketing?
The definition of video marketing is nothing complex; rather, it’s exactly what the name suggests: using video to promote or market your brand, product or service. Video marketing can include (but is not limited to):
What are the benefits of video marketing?
As explained in the above video marketing definition, video marketing is used to increase reach for your brand, product or service. By utilizing video marketing as part of your online marketing strategy, you can increase your search engine ranking, click-through rates, open rates and conversions.
- Boost SEO — YouTube is the second largest search engine, second only to Google (and consequently, owned by Google). So, a properly tagged video on YouTube can make a big difference in your overall search engine optimization (SEO). According to Social Media Today, video drives a 157 percent increase in organic search traffic.
- Reach a Wider Audience — Videos are shared 1,200 percent more than links and text combined. Let that number sink in for a minute. Because video content is shared so much more than other forms of online content, your marketing efforts will reach a much wider audience with video than any other content medium.
- Increase Conversion Rates — A recent study found that 57 percent of online consumers were more likely to purchase a product after watching a video demonstration of that product. Other research shows that 81 percent of people have been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video.
- Get More Views than Text — By the year 2022, 82 percent of global internet consumption is expected to be video content.
- Increase Web Traffic — Embedded videos on your website can increase traffic to your website by 55 percent.
- Educate Your Audience — Forty-four percent of consumers prefer learning about a product or service by watching a video, compared to other forms of learning about said product, such as talking on the phone or reading a manual.
- Increase Email Open Rates — By using the word “video” in an email subject line, you can increase open rates of your brand’s marketing emails by 19 percent.
Get in Touch
Now that you understand the definition of video marketing, are you ready to add video to your digital marketing strategy? Contact Frozen Fire today to learn more about how our digital marketing and video production services can help strengthen your company’s online presence.