Local SEO Tips: Help Customers Find Your Location
Getting found by new customers is a business owner’s top concern. Improving your local SEO can help resolve this issue. In this article, we’ll go over a couple of important local SEO tips that will help you improve your rankings and help customers in your area find your business online!
What is Local SEO?
Local SEO is the practice of optimizing your company’s online presence so customers can find you. This is especially helpful for businesses that need to reach customers from a specific service area, in retail stores, or at office locations. By following these effective local SEO tips, you can increase your chances of getting found online by local customers.
Update Your Website
The first place you should start implementing local SEO is on your website. Google pulls the majority of its information from your site, which is why it’s important that your website clearly displays the area that you service. Here are a couple of local SEO tips for optimizing your website.
- First and foremost, make sure that you list your company’s contact information (name, address and phone number) correctly on your website.
- Make sure that this information is consistent and that users can find it easily on your contact page and in the footer of your website.
- If your company has multiple locations, consider creating a separate contact page for each location.
- Use local keywords on your website that include your company’s location and services. For example: “law services in Dallas” or “Dallas landscaping services.”
Users who visit your website should be able to easily find out where you are located, what services you provide, and how they can contact you. If a person cannot easily find this information, neither can Google.
Your Google My Business Listing
Like your website, you must take time to carefully review your Google My Business profile to make sure that all of the information listed is correct and consistent. Follow these local SEO tips:
- Your profile should include your company’s core contact information, hours of operation and a short description of your services.
- Ask your customers for reviews! If a customer has had a great experience with your team, make sure to ask them to leave you a review on Google! Google often ranks businesses with high ratings in the top search results.
- In your review responses, use keywords that include your location and the type of services your business provides.
- Upload photos of the inside and outside of your business. Use local keywords in the title for your file and in the alt text of each image.
Next, once you have implemented these local SEO tips, make sure that all of your other business and social media profiles are also following local SEO best practices. This will begin to improve your local search result rankings and help new customers find you!
The local SEO tips listed are a great place to start in establishing your local SEO presence. Lastly, once this foundation is put into place, it’s time to build a strategy that tackles your local SEO keywords. Our team of SEO experts can help you reach your target audience and improve your rankings on a local and national level. Contact us today to find out about our SEO capabilities.